Wednesday, February 16, 2011

L'Hydre de Lerne




My favourite mythological monster: The Hydra, in Greek mythology, was a giant water snake with many heads that lived in a swamp near Lerna (The Lernian Hydra). 
The second of the twelfth labours of Hercules was to kill the Hydra. However, when one of the Hydra's heads was cut off, two more grew in its place.

The Hydra is a symbol meaning the conquest of a very powerful enemy. In my opinion, being the symbol of the unrealisable should not necessarily mean give up and surrender, but to try and work harder to achieve our ambitions and goals in life.

Anyway, it’s been a long time I did not use this nickname -for some reasons- now it seems that the Hydra sleeping inside of me has been awaken once more. 

***
A ne pas confondre avec Hydra la ville, le coin des « papiches », Sidi Yaya et compagnie stadjir .. D’ailleurs ça me rappelle une anecdote : j’utilisais ce pseudo sur un forum et un type m’envoie un message me disant « Bonjour, moi c’est Said Hamdin » XD!!!
A noter que « hydra » (حيدرة) en arabe signifie le lion, c’est bien de le mentionner.

Photo: Svetlin Velinov

No comments:

Post a Comment