Friday, February 18, 2011

Can You Repeat the Question?


Today, somebody asked me "what is your favorite way to die?" ... Umm .. what?!!! What a weird question to ask! Are we able to chose? How can we combine two words like "die" and "favorite" in the same sentence and do not think that there must be something wrong with it? And above all, what is the point?! 

Haven't you noticed that sometimes people ask some very strange questions? Or even simple questions but you cannot answer easily. The best example might be this one: "Why do you love me?". Women ask this question a lot, I must admit that I've already did it, and even if the guy gave me a very good answer, I regret asking it. It is just an annoying question that may have some bad consequences. You better be careful with this ladies, because constantly asking this question might lead to this answer: "well, I'm just asking myself the same question right now". Even men have a question they ask a lot, I won't say it but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about (and you should stop doing it because in this case the answer would be a slap). 

I am sure that everyone of us has been once involved in this kind of conversation, when somebody asks for your opinion about something:

A: So, what do you think about it?
B: I like it.
A: Why?
B: I don't know.
A: How can you not know?!
B: Well .. I don't know!
A: Then you don't like it.
B: No, I do!
A: So tell me why?!
B: Well .. ok, you know what, you are right, I don't like it.
A: Really?!
B: Yes.
.
.
.
A: Why?!!!

PS: My answer for the first question (even so, I did answer it) was "I would like to be eaten by Hannibal Lecter" and the guy said: "what a weird answer!" .. Irony. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment